Men’s, women’s race champs to defend their titles
May 30, 2013
Allan Kiprono, a two-time Bellin Run overall champion and Risper Gesabwa, the 2012 women’s champion, will return this year to defend their titles.
Kiprono of Kenya won last year’s race with a time of 29:04. Gesabwa, also of Kenya, earned a first place finish in the women’s race with a time of 33:07.
Their competition this year includes a number of Bellin Run veterans as well as a couple of newcomers. Confirmed elite athletes include:
• Lani Rutto, second-place finisher 2012, 2013
• Mike Morgan, third-place finisher 2010
• Luke Humphrey, three-time Bellin Run elite, sixth-place finisher 2010
• Millicent Kurai (formerly Gathoni), female champion in 2008, runner up 2009
• Melissa Johnson-White, new this year
• Alice Kimutai, new this year
Also included in the elite field of runners are long time fan favorites Bill Rodgers, Joan Samuelson and Uta Pippig.
Although stocked with a large filed of elite athletes, the Bellin Run is an all-inclusive event, welcoming of all performance levels.
The 37th annual Bellin Run will take place at 8 a.m. Saturday, June 8. Last year’s event drew 18,428 registrants.
Posted in: | 1 Comments